Shall I open the book,
and read that book?
Shall I enter its world,
Or, just take a look?
Will I gain a bit of you
By making a start?
Will I come to know
The desires of the heart?
What will happen
When my choices are chosen,
When the books are closed,
And their voices, frozen?
Will I feel inspiration?
Will I pick up a pen?
When my life's dance is over,
Will you speak to me, then?
To have coffee over the tragedy
Of words unsaid;
Of commonplace heartbreak
And books unread.
Shall I enter its world,
Or, just take a look?
Will I gain a bit of you
By making a start?
Will I come to know
The desires of the heart?
What will happen
When my choices are chosen,
When the books are closed,
And their voices, frozen?
Will I feel inspiration?
Will I pick up a pen?
When my life's dance is over,
Will you speak to me, then?
To have coffee over the tragedy
Of words unsaid;
Of commonplace heartbreak
And books unread.
No comments:
Post a Comment