This poem is dedicated to those women with whom I did find a connection of heart, mind & body; in whose company I found solace, whose arms gave me comfort and kept my passion aglow, whose minds gave me incessant mental strength and ignited my thoughts. Like all good things, these connections too ended without any bitterness, without knives being drawn. Their company kept me sane and civilsed.
We met but once as though by chance
We didn’t date, nor did we dance
We looked into each others’ eyes
Without deception of disguise
A silent message passed between
My hungry heart was plainly seen
You saw desire I could not hide
You looked at me and saw inside.
How could a glance have said so much?
And cause a chill without a touch?
What was that chemistry that evening?
I wish for those moments when our souls are bare
As surely as our bodies there
Our bodies move in harmony
I couldn’t tell you from me
And locked in passion as we are
My sense of time began to blur
I must have known you from before
How else could you have reached my core?
In life perhaps before this one
What had we shared? What had we done?
With what I felt, emotions vast
I must have loved you in the past
But now we go our separate ways
To different lives throughout our days.
11 comments:
Beautiful....
Hope you write more !!
Thanks paradox :)
write more poetry or write 'more' on the lines? ;)
WOW
WOOOOOOWWW
beautiiiiiful :)
Can I link you on a post? This is too good not to share...
Thanks Sue:) I am glad that you find it beautiful.
Do link it on your post. No worries
I could never write that way... agar mai likhti toh ek rone wali sad poem ho jaati :P
but Kudos to you...Welldone!!
the feeling that you cherished the moments spent with the person, comes forward very strongly; taking care of the fact that now you both have different ways.
@ I: You can write I, for you too have gift with words :) I am not flattering you, just stating the fact.
The arrangement of words though comes through various experiences of life, I guess. You will reach there too, keep an open mind open heart :)
:) you should have been a Teacher... The way you encourage someone is very nice.
<3ed it too :P
@ I: haha...a teacher... I wish! Thats my dream profession. I am glad that you '<3ed' it :)
I simply love the thought.......n the way it just flowed.......... keep it up
Thanks Reetika :) Poetry is certainly a flow of emotions, acquired through life's different experiences over a period of time. My 31 years have been quite eventful, which flows through my pen on blank sheets of paper...
why does this poem remind me of someone......we both know!
correct me if I am wrong in my assumption ......
Post a Comment