I recently visited my folks, and we went through some family photo albums together, especially those from my childhood days. My parents recounted several stories from my younger days, and this poem is inspired by the recoolection of memories.
Childhood, dewey-eyed, without a
Vestige of vinegary attire.
Playing bare-feet on the dew-soaked grass.
And meanwhile, without realizing,
Treading across the ages.
Then suddenly the dreams perished.
And under my bare-feet,
The grass gave in to gravel.
And the eyes forgot to see. They'd just look
At the world stretching far like a spider web.
Entrapped, I grew into learned adult.
But somehow the childhood stayed.
Too tenacious to give up the ornate life once lived.
I still play on the grass
When the world sleeps.
Pray to the stars for wishes to be granted.
Discover magic when the moon hides behind the clouds.
And quarrel forgetting the years since childhood.
As if it never went, it grew with me and sparkles today.
Like dew drops on the spider-web.
No comments:
Post a Comment