I know, I have been away for a while from the blogosphere. Though I can easily blame the absence on work & travel, I will rather choose to call it a sabbatical. They say, distance makes heart grow fonder ;). And here I am, inking the while with black on a red day. Yes, I noticed while going on work, and throughout the evening that eight out ten females around wore red. I wonder, why? Early this morn, my parents called to wish me V-day, and apparently that lingered throughout the day till its dawn.
At lunch, while I was stuffing my mouth with half of a chocolate cake, I was also surfing to various TV channels till i came to star news where Baba Ramdev was giving some assorted 'Gyan' on several things including V-day. And as per him, 'PDA is equivalent to animalistic behavior, similar to that of dogs and donkeys, where dogs & donkeys make out on the streets. And that what the xyz-Sena's are doing is incorrect still correct'. he also went on a tirade against condoms. Well who says Yoga is pure? I think its as politicised as everything else around us.
In the evening, I eventually caught up with a friend and went for my regular Cappuccino and smoked chicken sandwich, and we both further reaffirmed the 'angoor ke saath langoor' theory, which was all around us. I thought of buying myself a pair of jeans, browsed a few and then realised that my pay day is still five days ahead, so instead bought couple of books to last me longer that the pair of jeans and certainly help me give good night sleep for this very beautiful night :)
And yes, I did see a sailab of couples, hand in hand, stealing kisses, presses, pashing behind the trees and cars celebrating the expression of lust more than love. I guess, like the dandiya day, the sale of condoms along with red roses must be peaking up on 14th feb ;)
In the end, I think, Love & Lust are two things that really hang people up. Why that is...I'll never fully understand.
Happy Valentine's Day!
5 comments:
"Love & Lust are two things that really hang people up."
Couldn't agree more! And most people confuse the latter with the former!
Agree with you and Anonymous. Am trying to differentiate.
Hmmm.. seems like you managed to have a good evening on the D-day errr i mean the V-day!
And to think i was working that evening too ..but then again even if i wasnt, it would still be my and my TV :(
@ Anonymous and Neelabh: Love exist in the pages of a soppy novel, and Lust in our minds ;) there you go...easy peasy
@ Paradox: You call it a 'good' evening! I was date less...Its like a sin ;)
"You call it a 'good' evening! I was date less...Its like a sin ;)" hahahaha.....poor you :P
ye green kuchh achha nahi lag rha...otherwise the change is pretty neat...
Post a Comment